Image of person working in a manual labour job

Where can you get information on employment issues? 

If you have a health condition or a disability that affects your ability to work, JobCentre Plus in Cornwall offers a service for disabled workers by putting them in touch with a Disability Employment Advisor (DEA). A Disability Employment Advisor will help you to find work or to gain new skills for a job. They can help with work preparation, advocacy, recruitment, and confidence building. Disability Employment Advisors offer an employment assessment to find out what kind of work would suit you best. For more information on Disability Employment Advisors see

Image of people working at a desk job

Volunteer Cornwall

Volunteer Cornwall has information on a wide range of volunteer opportunities in your area giving an opportunity to gain skills, develop friendships, and engage with your community.

For more information call 01872 266988 or email or  see:

Other sources of information

The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) has very useful information on employment issues which can be found on their website:

Versus Arthritis  also have useful information on employment and work

MSK Aware has information and assessment tools for employers and employees, and looks at the prevention and  promotion of good MSK health, and how to support those with existing MSK problems  MSK Aware CIC